A friend made a good point... This mod as originally shown will potentially
place +5 or GND directly on a processor GPIO pin. Not a good idea...

All of my devices have a series resistor on their PIR input pins -
typically 10k. In most cases there are ESD clamps on my designs as well.
This is quite possibly not the case on devices you are using.

For this reason, I'm adding an optional 2k resistor on the output of the
mod schematic. Look at the circuit for any device you are driving with the
modified PIR module and decide what value of output resistor makes sense
for your device. Consider current driven into the receiving device -
especially through input protection diodes. Also watch out for voltage
dividers that may be formed with input networks on the target device.

Rule one - Ain't nothing simple...

(A digression for those interested...
   Rule 2: If it hasn't been tested it doesn't work.
   Rule 3: If it hasn't been documented, it hasn't been tested.
   Rule 4: The lab IS NOT the real world.)

That darn rule 1...