The date is printed on the datasheets at the bottom left, on my SZ-3 it
says 16th of March 1967 and on the SZ-2 it says 30th of December 1968.

I have one with cathodes that I have tried to "wake up" but they quickly go
back to non working after some time without use, it looks like the cathodes
have some kind of dirt on them if I compare the poor one to the working
ones. There is no way to know if they have been used/tested but they all
arrived in their original boxes with the datasheets inside the boxes.

/Martin