Here's an odd beauty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cathode-Ray-Tube-Electron-Diffraction-Tube/132570918496?hash=item1eddd7ae60:g:0TsAAOSwCBFavOGv

I appears to be a demonstration of electron diffraction behaviour. If you look inside the tube you can see a target in line with the electron gun. From physics lessons at school I remember a much simpler CRT assembly. This appears to have deflection plates, PDA and a flat screen. So it appears to be a much more sophisticated piece of kit than a simple school demonstration for a bunch of bored teenagers.

I post it here to see if anyone can offer any commentary or enlightenment on why the precision? Or is the tube something completely different?

cheers Grahame