Why do you plan to drive all the segments of a B7971? Do you realized that
this would need a resistor on each cathode? If you use one anode resistor,
the current changes depending on how many cathodes are grounded. This
results either in tube damage or not working/darker display.  I suggest to
multiplex this tube.

About the mosfet, 21A or even 32A is overkill, but the problem is, that
usually mosfets that have a low RDSon and GateChange, have a lot of current
rated. If you use a Rsense of 25mOhm, the maximum current would be areound
3.5A@5V, so a mosfet with a few amps more should work fine, but low current
fets usually have higher RDSon. This is why most DC/DC Converters use
overkill Mosfet.

Rdson and GateChange influence the efficiency of the circuit, so lower is
better, your chosen mosfet has 160mOhm, you could go lower.  I've used the
FDPF44N25 a few times:
https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/512-FDPF44N25T

The Inductor looks fine.