> I am thinking that they are initially wanting to sell their clocks and thus
> the proprietary pin-out.  It doesn’t seem to be the most practical business
> approach but credit for trying to keep the art of nixies alive.

This verbiage on their page makes me think they have a driver in the base, so
they might not require separate high voltage drivers, maybe just serial data or
somesuch, making them easy to integrate with microcontrollers, but of course
not compatible with ordinary bare nixies.

"To make ZIN18 tubes smarter, the Z class base has been upgraded to a
smart-base. Each base has a seating that consists of a programmable circuit
mini board to control the lamp. "

- John