Yes, totally out of hand, i own 18pcs of this tubes... would make a fortune
to resell them, but i keep them because i like them, and i like them even
more.

Personally i think, even tubes are now a victim of social media. I have a
personal profile on Instagram and i see alot of electronics and even nixie
clocks there some times, since most of the people seeing stuff online in
social media (fb, ig etc) don't know jack about electronics, they just look
for something to buy thats a finished product, price doesnt matter. I
noticed prices going crazy over vintage stuff all the time, and i get
spammed by people that want to purchase stuff out of my collection.
Actually people offer 700$ for a pandicon tube, wtf.

Hopefully the hype will be over some day :) Some days i think about
purchasing 5mm LED's for 0.10$ and vacuum them in bags to sell them for 10$
in 40 years :-)... or those 2x16 LCDs heheheh