I had big heavy marrantz quadraphonic amp years ago.  It was huge and had 4
big blue lighted real needle level meters.  I used to use it to drive two
sets of stereo speakers.  It had some real power for sure.  It had an add
on module for expanded quadraphonic effect I remember with a knob dedicated
on panel to the module.  I had these hand made JBL speakers with carved
wood grills on them and 15" woofers on one side of the house and a set of
old Bose 901s hanging on ceiling wall in other side of the house.  I almost
wish I had never sold the amp now.  I've been looking for a new amp now.  A
part of me wants a tube amp but another is pulling towards a modern class D
design.

Bill