Good Morning,

I joined this group about 2004 after buying (and actually receiving) a
couple of Geekclock kits (I never received the Accessory Modules, though).
I built one, and sold the other kit.

I've also had a two-tube B7971 clock running for ~15 years, and I built a
MOD-6 several years ago. I just finished a IN-18 clock as a gift for my
brother, and that was built from a kit I bought back in 2006. The two-tube
and IN-18 kits are from Claus in Germany, and I've been very happy with the
way those kits were designed, and worked. Unfortunately, his web page shows
that the shop is closed, and the opening date keeps moving. I hope he's OK.

So, I have some nephews and nieces that have shown a lot of interest in my
clocks, and they are all nearing college graduation. I would like to build
them clocks as graduation presents. I have some IN-8 tubes (with pins,
rather than leads), and a bunch of the Burroughs IN-12-like tubes
(front-view, I can't remember the number).

I'm totally out of touch with what kits are currently out there. A
four-tube or six tube clock will work, and a "universal" kit is fine since
I'll be making the cases, etc. I found a nice kit in Australia, but the web
site is a bit strange, and I can't convince myself it's totally
operational.

A simple set of boards and programmed PIC is enough to get me going. I can
handle the electronics, and mechanical parts, but the programming is
something I just don't have the time to learn right now. I'm not a fan of
the colored LED lighting of the tubes, but the kids might like it. Also,
since there are six to make, cheap is good!

Any suggestions for a good, cheap and basic kit will be greatly
appreciated. If Claus opens up soon, I may by a couple of his universal
kits, but I'm running out of time.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,Jim
Cedar Crest, NM