I cant figure out why there is a duplicate column of LEDs on the far right
side.

The IC is probably a custom BCD-to-segment driver specifically for discrete
LEDs. There is only 1 resistor on the board, so the driver IC probably does
the current-limiting.
I'm fairly certain the IC is not MOS/CMOS, so it's probably still OK (not
damaged by ESD), and it should not be too difficult to reverse-engineer the
connector pinout.

If the LEDs are wired in-series, you can estimate the required power-supply
voltage by measuring the forward voltage of 1 LED (roughly 2V @ 10mA).

If they are parallel, I would assume 5V operation. The 120 ohm resistor
would give 23mA thru an LED that has a 2.2V drop and a 5V supply. See how
many LEDs are connected to it.

Nice find, and I hope you win the auction.