> On Sep 19, 2019, at 5:37 AM, Nixcited delighted <j...@jsdesign.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I was really annoyed with the way my 10 displays were packed. Layered loose
> side by side in bubble wrap and they’d all been moving about. The large cap
> on the back was ripped off half of them and one display had broken glass, so
> it’s useless. The guy said he’d packed them well and wasn’t interested in my
> complaint.

I take pictures of obviously damaged boxes and/or contents at the first
opportunity. It gives me some ammo to use.

Recently I received an HP frequency counter (with Nixies, of course) and the
box was so beat up that the people at the post office recommended that I send
it back. Knowing how rugged HP stuff is I took a chance on it—after taking
several pictures of it sitting on the counter in front of the grinning clerk.
It works fine.

A friend of mine bought a computer monitor years ago—19" CRT—and when she heard
the UPS van pull up she went to the door. She got there just in time to stop
the UPS guy from leaving. The box wasn't a cube anymore, it was a ball. All
eight corners mashed in. It made all kinds of jangling sounds when moved. It
left with the UPS van.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"