Is there a comprehensive web site explaining the formats and abbreviations
used in addresses across the world ?

I have a parcel, pending shipment, to Romania, but the street portion of
the address seems incomplete. It may be a PO box, but I have found nothing
confirming that by way of a Google search. I've left a question with the
buyer, but I don't know if his English is good enough to understand my
question. My Romanian is non-existent. A good website explaining it, with
common abbreviations and short-hand codes would be helpful.