The clock is designed for alphanumeric displays. I checked the datasheet
for the IV-4. The pinout is the same, but the datasheet is in Russian so I
don't know if there are differences. Worst case, the voltages can be
adjusted by changing four resistors.

This wasn't intended to be sold, but I'm not sure now. We'll see when the
new boards arrive next week. WordClock-2 will definitely be available by
the end of the month. Displays will ship from China next week. Those 2.3"
displays are gorgeous, with extremely intense colors.