Thanks, Richard. Good idea, especially since those tubes are so cheap. I'll
put that on the list, which is getting smaller by the day. The 30v supply
should be able to handle many more tubes. I'm not sure about the filament
supply, though. A second board using an additional HT16K33 will add up to
eight tubes, or seven and colons.Or maybe one board that holds 15
tubes.With 15 tubes it can also run the Union Square Metronome clock
display.

The B7971 boards should be here next week. Some software work will be
needed because the tubes are directly driven using HV5530 chips. The
HK16K33 and driver chips are not used because I didn't want to multiplex
them. It is a six digit board, but a two digit add-on can be connected to
the right side to add another colon, and two more tubes.