> On Feb 12, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Robert G. Schaffrath
> <robert.schaffr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recall an article I read years ago about the old RADAR tubes and phosphors
> used. There was a RADAR scope tube that had a mix of two phosphors. One
> phosphor produced a short persistence bright blue light from the target and
> the other was the longer persistence P12 type orange phosphor that was
> excited by the blue phosphor hung around after the blue faded and was
> refreshed by another "ping" of blue light from the target. An orange filter
> was placed in front of the tube face to filter out the blue flash which would
> have been very distracting to the operator.

While we're on the subject, I have a five beam CRT that I snagged on ebay a few
years ago. The auction listed the part number as "JAN CGV 7YP2" but the number
on the box is "JAN CDU 7YP2" and the date is "195"-something.

I'm told came from a Navy radar system and that it's the only one ever made
with more than four beams. It would be interesting to hook that baby up to five
different gadgets at the same time. 8D

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."—Roy Batty, Blade Runner