That is the position I am coming from. I already have a six tube B-7971
clock that I built in 1979-1980 so at the moment I do not need another of
that design.  And I have been playing ZM1022's, IN-12's and GR-111p's so
already have more clocks than I know what to do with at the moment LOL. I
purchased the six NOS tubes in 1980 as spares for the clock I had built
assuming eventually the Ultronics tubes might have to be replaced. I have
been toying with the idea of building a more modern B-7971 clock, most
likely from a kit if I can find one, but that is just something in the back
of my mind. If I do, I will most likely cannibalize the tubes from my old
clock and I will still have spares. I do not use the old clock much as the
whine from the multiplexing bothers me now. It didn't when I was younger
but now I find it annoying.