So you are using something like a 6.8 Ohm series resistor on each side of
the heater to get these figures?

If you use a series resistor on each side, what effect does that result in
on the DC-bias, none or something that you have to adjust for?

Do you short these resistors after some time so they are not affecting the
circuit, or do you leave them in there?

/Martin