Nick,

I like it! What is the final target for this, going by the counts of bulbs in
the rings (8 & 12) it doesn't  seem to be a clock. Unless it's from Mars.... ;)

Not to make this a pissing match, I know there are even prettier and more
complex, ring counter clocks and not to mention it's yesteryear's news, but,I
didn't exactly avoid punishments myself in the past. I did come up with the
NixieNeon clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSaHHKSnvfI[1]

7 ring counters with a total of 60 lamps . Not as many in total as yours, but
they don't have the convenience of a trigger wire. The rings free run counting
down the 60hz to the 12 bulb hour ring without the help of the processor,. The
processor is only there to run the green lamps, the 5 minute eye candy and set
to the time (assuming you have the RTC).

My point of my previous email was that assembling 384 little ass SMD boards was
no small feat. I doubt I would've lasted through it.

My favorite ring counter clock of all time it this one! It is a great looking
clock, I love the point to point wiring. I bet the 60 second ring was a
nightmare to get counting so well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4v7IDIYiNQ&list=PLcg96zVhEST67yy294qhAUgrr7ijZnUGe[2]

-joe

On Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:55:50 PM CDT Nicholas Stock wrote:
> Let's try that again....movie was too large..
>
> https://www.instagram.com/p/CCPMzuOjdBs/
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 2:52 PM Nicholas Stock <nickst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Speaking of glutton for punishment....
> >
> > A follow on to Grahame's original Trigger tube clock....aptly called
> > 'Neon'...that we're both working on....no semi-conductors.....the video
> > shows one of the minutes boards fed with a 10Hz pulse for testing of the
> > counters, hence the speed....
> >
> > The ticking is from a couple of relays.
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 2:38 PM celzey11 <celze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Allegedly there's some neon bulbs that actually act as thyratrons that
> >> can be used to make large scrolling displays...haven't seen any of those
> >> IRL though
> >>
> >> --
> >> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> >> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/04517e2c-4681-49a6-ad0c-d6d4da3a706ao%40googlegroups.com
> >> .

--------
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSaHHKSnvfI