Jorg - Regarding the dead tube, have you compared the filament resistance
of the bad tube to the others ?

NIMO tubes have 2 parallel filaments, so if one is open, the resistance
will be TWICE the value of a good tube.
I think the cold resistance is around 3 ohms.

If 1 filament is out, you can still get 5 numerals to work.

I would be surprised if both filaments are burned-out, unless someone put
way too much voltage on it, or the tube is cracked around the pins.

If the filaments are OK, power-up the tube and make sure you get around
180mA of current.
Then try varying the voltage between the filament and the logic driving the
grids. If a grid is about 6 V more positive than the filament, you should
get a numeral to turn on.