Also, I was reminded recently of a couple of things. Firstly that older
nixies often have a higher maintenance voltage. Secondly that the data
sheets always recommend a minimum voltage of 200V, and the higher the
better. I have certainly had tubes that refuse to perform at these low
modern voltages, but work fine at higher voltages with the resistance
recommended by the manufacturer. So check the actual current they pull when
they are on, and consider using a higher voltage anyway.

BTW, ZM1000 have a pin specifically intended to keep the gas ionized.

When and why did we all settle on 170V?