I would suggest that these were never actually used as clocks, due to their
somewhat homebrew look. I suggest they were weighbridge / scale displays
which may of been constructed to give a large readout, driven from the aux
port on a scale unit. Would make sense for a postal service to have many of
those for vans loading up rather than lots of clocks...