On 2021-01-12 2:48 p.m., Paul Andrews wrote:
I have a whole bunch of Predictas. I'll try it but I doubt it will work because of the large gap between the CRT and the safety glass. Here are the two I have restored:

you can get a neon lamp to glow at the Plate cap of the Horizontal output tube, on tube TV sets. NO doubt a Nixie could also glow. while their is a bunch of High voltage on the other side of a CRT screen, it is DC and so will not give out a field. The CRT I am using to type this hardly shows any static when it is running.

--
Charles MacDonald  VA3CPY               Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe