>From my Radio Shack education back in the early 1970's..........NE-2 bulbs
required 220K when running off 120VAC line and used 1/25 watt. NE-2H
(high-brightness) used a 22K resistor and used 1/4 watt.
Sad fact.....I did not get into nixie tubes when they were cheaply and
readily available at Radio Shack because I refused to believe a TTL device
(74141) could tolerate the high-voltage used with nixies. Even the
datasheet said the max voltage was 60V and I neglected the voltage-drop
across the tube. That ignorance kept me away from nixies for roughly 35
years until I built my first clock from junkbox parts in 2011. Nope, I
didn't use a 74141 in that clock and never will use them....