Nice!

Have you tested to reduce the "bleed" with lighting of the digit edges in
any way, either by making sure that the LED shines straight down like the
white tape around the lamps, or by painting the perspex sides black or
perhps by lowering the LED intensity - I've seen this on some edge lite
digits of similar constructions to these?

/Martin