> On Jul 19, 2021, at 11:40 PM, gregebert <gregeb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> There was yet another version that did not have each decimal-column in a
> vertical line; instead there were odd and even columns, and the numbers
> zig-zagged upwards as it counted. Such weirdness.

My counter with incandescent bulbs was arranged this way. Here's a similar
model (with more modes than mine) using the more common neon lamps:

https://youtu.be/2oj64aCgL48

Here's the full restoration story with lots of internal photos:

http://www.rfcafe.com/miscellany/factoids/hp-5212a-electronic-counter-kirts-cogitation-302.htm

It eventually sold for $130 with shipping on Ebay. I was holding out for $125.
8/

I have one of the modules. I'd love to hook it up to something like an Arduino
for display purposes. I don't know what model it is because the sticker fell
off.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it
said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl
Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980