This is a really nice design from a analogue electronic theory standpoint,
something which I always have to work fairly hard to try and get my head
around.

What would be really great would be if you could give an overview (just a
fairly high level of each of the blocks / op-amp stages) into what each
section does?

I can work out various bits but, for instance, the lower op-amp stage
leaves me pondering...

Always love it when a service manual has a "Circuit Theory" or "Principles
of operation" section adjacent to the schematic, gives you the opportunity
to just sit and get your head around something your repairing. I have just
finished recapping, retrimming and tidying up my old Thurlby PL series
supplies and the design for that can be a bit uncouth in some areas...

Impressive stuff though, I would not know where to start (probably with a
micro in todays world, sadly...)

- Alex