I'm using network time that my Raspberry Pi re-acquires roughly every 20
minutes, with a DS3232 for backup when the internet is down. I need to
tweak the software a bit more to automatically update the DS3232; right now
I have to use my debug utility to manually update it. But this does allow
me to see how much long-term drift there is. Here is an actual check from
today:

INIT: RTC module = 09/29/21 08:52:56
INFO: NTP sync acquired at 09/29/21 09:52:12

It's been about 6 months since I sync'd the time, and this particular
DS3232 RTC has gained 44 seconds. That's about 3PPM, which is pretty close
to the datasheet spec of 2PPM. I have not made any attempt to use the trim
register yet, but now that I have this data I might give that a shot.