I did this when my brother was stationed in Germany many moons ago to buy a
sweet Schuberth motorcycle helmet which was there near Trier.  I sent my
brother money, he used a local bank to pay and picked it up, then sent it
to me via APO way cheaper than shipping would have been from the seller.

Years later, I had him haul me an arcade cabinet from Denver down to Las
Cruces too.  What's up with arcade stuff now, anyway?  Most cabinets on
ebay are ridiculous (like $2000) if they are real or are just those new
cheapo One Up (or similar) knockdown ones sold at Walmart.  Anyone else
here save old 19" CRT TV sets to use the tubes as spares for their arcade
monitors?