I'm just restoring an old radio that has one. I don't know if it works yet
or if I'll need to find a replacement. This has been a goal for a while now
- I've restored several old radios, this will be the first with a magic eye.

I also built an AM broadcast unit that uses vacuum tubes and a magic eye -
it was a mash up of two different designs I found on the
internet https://youtu.be/QIib5W-JCY8