When driver ICs were relatively expensive, it may have made sense to share
across tubes by pulsing the filament (cathode) bias as shown in the
datasheet. Theoretically, you can compensate for differences in tube
brightness by adjusting the bias uniquely for each tube. I dont know if you
need to increase the anode current (usually by running at a higher voltage)
to compensate for the multiplexing's impact on brightness.

I'm going to wait-and-see till after I get the next 3 tubes to see if
there's a real problem that needs to be fixed.