For the general driving of shift registers - take a look at the Arduino
ShiftOut function
(https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/advanced-io/shiftout/)
- this shifts out 8 bits at a time - you can modify the code in the
ShiftOut function to work with 16,32,64 bits etc. You just need the three
pins that you have already identified.
A step up from that is to use SPI transfer - which works like shiftout but
instead - the processor handles the transfer.
Please check the suitability of this device for nixes - the spec seems to
suggest that it will sink or drive 1mA and I believe that the ZM1080 has a
2mA cathode current.
I usually use HV5522 or HV5622 which handle the current and are easy to
drive via ShiftOut or SPI.transfer commands. They also support a blanking
signal which can be used to vary tube brightness.
 - RIchard