It looks pretty basic.  It uses a STM8 microcontroller with a ds3231 RTC, an
old school method of implementing a 40 bit shift register made up the old
school way (32 bits for digits, 2 extra for the colon and a few flapping in the
breeze), the usb port is only there to supply power. D+ and D- (and ID) are
*really* close to the ground plane if not outright shorted to it.  The buttons
are on the same board as high voltage with lots of ground plainy goodness to
make sure any shorts count. No idea how thick the PCB is, though they are using
a larger via size, so it’s probably a thin board, or the designer got lucky…

I’d say it’s a perfect example of what not to buy.

 -Dan