Very nice.

IanV

On 2 Feb 2023, at 11:12, Joe Croft <cro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Very good job.  Very pretty device! I love the brass work! Did you do the brass work yourself? If so, what did you use for cutting and etching?

Analogue rules! (says the SW guy)

-joe

On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:55 PM Olivier <lestee...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Over a year ago I found some picture of a IN-13 vu-meter made by Paul from Bad Dog Designs. I contacted Paul to get more details on his built and he happily replied. I then decided to start my own.

I built a one channel prototype with through-the-hole components and then re-designed the PCB to use SMDs as I needed the board to be very small. I built each channel on one separate PCB to reduce cost; they are all stacked together.

Then I had the oak wood box made locally by a carpenter and the brass plates as well. The final results is below: it uses 20 IN-13 tubes, 10 for each channel. The choice of frequencies matches a home-made 10 octave equaliser you can see below.

It is working fine, though some channels need some additional fine tuning! It is fully analog.

Cheers,

Olivier