When I was 12, I modified my electric quartz alarm clock to unlock the
electric "pause" switch (2.5mm jack near the mic jack) on my cassette
player...
waking up to music was not a habit in 1972...
For a connected Nixye clock, just add a bluetooth speaker inside, that's
all, it will even work with an Apple...