Interesting. Maybe time to break the flux out? Works for me on old radios.

On Apr 29, 2023, at 12:37 PM, Batareyka <batareyk...@gmail.com> wrote:

mth-90 used solder with a high lead content. Therefore, for a long time of non-use, the balls on the legs of the solder oxidize and form a rather large film of oxide that prevents the metal itself from melting.
To do this, you need to remove the plaque to a shiny with anything, a file or a knife.
And after that, everything is soldered quite easily.
суббота, 29 апреля 2023 г. в 19:31:58 UTC+3, Jasper nagle:
 Maybe I have another go at the blobs tomorrow on a few different tubes I’ll see if age makes a difference