Quite a few years ago I was told by both Russian and Ukrainian people that
these tubes were manufactured in Ukraine, however the company Plasma Labs
(www.plasmalabs.com) are nowadays situated in Ryazan in Russia so to me it
is unclear where these were actually designed/invented, perhaps someone
else has more information?

The logotype is the same on the A-201 Polyatron and the IN-20 as well as on
the Plasma Labs website.

/Martin