Well its interesting. The IN-18 has two pins that are connected to the
'giver pill', pins 1 and 8. Perhaps you could use those two pins for
decimal points? I don't have an IN-18 to hand right now, but I assume the
pins are shorted together, so no existing clock would have those wired to
anything? I know that the PV electronics clocks (as an example) don't have
them wired to anything.