Hi,

It’s not difficult. My fumbling attempts at a Nixie clock some time ago
used a 4:1 multiplex ratio, using four digits and only one decoder. I used
the same MPSA42/MPSA92 driver as your example. My multiplex function was
called at 100Hz, so each digit was refreshing at 25Hz. It doesn’t flicker,
and (whoa!) it is working 15 years later.

The only mod I had was when switching between digits, I turned the cathode
drive off for a period of 20 microseconds, before selecting the correct
anode and turning on the next digit. This helped prevent ghosting.