> On Jun 12, 2024, at 6:34 PM, gregebert <gregeb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> The bid history shows 2 people really wanted it. It's an unusual DMM because
> it's 4-1/2 digits rather than the much more common 3-1/2. I understand the
> "tulip-fever" frenzy over functional nixie-tube equipment; I bought an HP
> 5245L counter from a local surplus shop a few years ago for $175. I had no
> interest in the tubes, and didn't have much need for a frequency counter, but
> because it's working and has a lot of digits, the wow-factor overwhelmed my
> sense of reason.On Jun 12, 2024, at 6:34 PM, gregebert <gregeb...@hotmail.com
> <mailto:gregeb...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I understand the "tulip-fever" frenzy over functional nixie-tube equipment; I
> bought an HP 5245L counter from a local surplus shop a few years ago for
> $175. I had no interest in the tubes, and didn't have much need for a
> frequency counter, but because it's working and has a lot of digits, the
> wow-factor overwhelmed my sense of reason.

I have several that I paid a lot less for. Here's my nine decade counter:

The 6053 is 1GHz and has an N connector. I love desktop models.  8D

The prices on eBay for stuff like this have increased somewhat in the last
couple of years but it's not exactly Tulipomania.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it
said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl
Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980