--On Thursday, March 14, 2002 10:48 PM +0100 Pavel Kankovsky 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Mike Batchelor wrote:
>
>> I have a host at 209.104.33.252 which Nessus (1.0.7a) claims responds to
>> ICMP_MASQREQ.
> ...
>> Can someone confirm to me whether 209.104.33.252 responds to a
>> ICMP_MASQREQ unicast?  I do not know how to generate such a packet to
>> test it myself.
>
> Try: nasl -t 209.104.33.252 /usr/lib/nessus/plugins/icmp_mask_req.nasl

Ah, thanks.   I am somewhat of a Nessus newbie and hadn't realized yet that 
I could do that.

> And yes, your host responds to ICMP_MASKREQ...it's a wierd response
> (zero mask?) but it is a response:
>
> 22:44:07.848911 myhost > lax1utlns2.tmcs.net: icmp: address mask request
> 22:44:08.092817 lax1utlns2.tmcs.net > myhost: icmp: address mask is
> 0x00000000 (DF) [tos 0x20]

That's odd, but at least it has the requisite lack of utility that not 
answering also possesses. :)

>
> --Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms
> ] "Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for
> assimilation."
>



---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh

Reply via email to