Okay, I just figured out why this is not very useful.  So is there any
particular reason why I shouldn't specify a full path for NMAP in
nmap_wrapper.c, and change find_in_path() so that it accepts full paths?
In fact, isn't it better to use a full path, rather than to trust the
PATH environment, and trust that the correct 'nmap' will be found?

Last, can someone explain this bit of logic in find_in_path():
if (cmd[0] != '/' && safe)
        continue;

what exactly is 'safe' supposed to do?

Thanks,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:52:48AM -0800, Devin Kowatch wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried sending this to the devel list ... suppose I should have known
> better :)
> 
> The nessus patch manager seems to be down (as does nessus.com), though 
> I don't know if this is recent or if it's permanent.  This one is small
> enough that I'm just posting it here though.
> 
> This patch adds a '--with-nmap' option to the configure script in
> nessus-plugins.  This option can be given as:
>     --with-nmap=<path to nmap>  Use the given path as the nmap binary
> 
>     --with-nmap=<directory>     Search <directory>, <directory>/sbin, 
>                                 <directory>/bin for nmap
> 
>     --with-nmap                 default, search path for nmap
> 
>     --without-nmap              Don't use nmap, this also turns off the
>                                 warnining about not finding nmap at the
>                                 end
> 
> Notes: 
> - The default behavior is not changed.
> - autoconf needs to be run after applying this patch
[patch snipped]


-- 
Devin Kowatch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to