Hi,

I started using Nessus about a month ago.   The security metrics that I use
is that the IT Server Staff must review/correct Nessus security findings
that are rated as "High" in the severity column of the report and/or if the
risk factor is "Serious" in the Description column.

I know this security metric I am using may seem kind of simple minded....but
I have 400 servers on multiple platforms ...and the CIO wants all of the
finding rated as high or serious to be corrected first before addressing
less risky findings.

Question: Should I be concerned about a finding that has a low severity
rating but the risk factor is high?  Why isn't a finding that has a high
risk factor rated with a high severity rating?  I have seen lots of findings
like this that have a low severity rating but a high risk factor.  Just does
not make sense to me.  What is the logic behind Nessus doing this?


Reply via email to