I gave up and just wrote my own scripts to do everything. It's ugly, but it works.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of oskar Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:10 AM To: oskar Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: nessus-fetch does not pick up new location entries with string, uses old ones Since I could not get the "nessus-update-plugins" from Nessus 2.2.3 to work, I've used the one from Nessus 2.2.0. After copying it to the machine with Nessus 2.2.3, checking the variables in it and entering the correct location strings, it now seems to work properly and I can successfully run nessus-update-plugins (with 7000+ plugins) and run nessusd without it complaining about the registration. With that I get the impression that this does appear to be an issue with "nessus-update-plugins" from Nessus 2.2.3 and the new nessus-fetch command. It works now, allthough it is not my favourite solution to do it this way. oskar wrote: > The three location entries you get after manual registration do not > appear to be picked up by nessus-fetch. > This is for Nessus 2.2.3 for Linux 2.4.20-20.9 > > Updated /usr/local/etc/nessus/nessus-fetch.rc with a proxy and a > proxy_port entry as the machine is connected to the Internet through a > proxy and a firewall. > Tried to do "nessus-fetch --register {activation code}" but that did > not work (could not connect to plugins.nessus.org - Success ). This > did work btw: "nessus-fetch --url http://www.nessus.org/index.php > test.txt". > So did a manual registration. > After manual registration entered given 3 new location entries with > string in /usr/local/sbin/nessus-update-plugins (btw the 3 old > location entries without string did not exist). > > Now when I run "nessus-update-plugins -vv" it does not appear to use > the three new location entries with string, it goes for the plain : > all-2.0.tar.gz, all-2.0.tar.gz.md5, all-2.0.sig, without string. > Number of plugins is around 6300 and it gives me a warning that the > product was not registered when I run nessusd. > > So what am I missing here ? > > Got another machine with Nessus 2.2.0, also registered, running on an > Internet connected machine , with its 3 new location entries with > string in nessus-update-plugins, and this does work, I see it do a > wget on the files with string. 7000+ plugins are downloaded, nessusd > does not complain. > This is for Nessus 2.2.0 for Linux 2.4.27-1-686 > > > _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [email protected] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus -----Message Disclaimer----- This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy all copies of the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained as required by law or regulation. Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign") unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [email protected] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
