Title: Re: Problems building Nessus on Mac OS X

On 3/1/05 4:46 PM, "Renaud Deraison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 03:30:26PM -0600, John C. Welch wrote:
>> Well, not nessus per se, but one of the components.
>>
>> I'm avoiding either of the port mechanisms, because they have a bad habit of
>> lagging rather noticeably behind the releases. My big problem right now is
>> Pango. Up until that point, everything has built fine, (Mac OS X Server
>> 10.3.8), but Pango just won't compile
>
> - Are you using Fink or Darwinports to compile Pango ?
> - It's probably a temporary issue on their side -> contact the package
>   maintainer and report him your bug

No, I'm not since darwinports is only running 2.0.12, and while fink is up
to 2.2, neither port manager works well with each other at all, and I don't
feel like playing dueling port mechanisms. I like darwinports slightly
better from an implementation POV, but until they start working together,
I'm stuck with one or the other.

They're both about equal WRT to Ethereal, but *neither* carries Nagios,
which I have to set up the hard way anyway, so if I chose either ports
system, I'm still having to dump out of it regularly anyway.

Honestly, ports on Mac OS X are a total friggin' mess, and I don't have the
time to deal with them as a user, much less as a maintainer.

So, I'm trying to avoid the entire mess, but to do that, I need to get GTK
running, to get GTK running, I have to get Pango running...and I'm getting
the feelling that I'm going to be stuck juggling ports and manual whether I
want to or not.

john

--
John C. Welch
CIS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(816) 753-7299 x8473


_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to