I'm trying to find a solution to be able to pause and resume scans via
the command line version of Nessus 3.0.6.

 

Ideally, I'd like to be able to schedule a scan to start at time X, stop
at time Y, and start again at time Z (and maybe start/stop again at
further intervals).

 

I'm not sure if it's possible to obtain a "partial" log/results file
from a scan that is "paused" or "cancelled," and then just start a new
scan and stitch together the old and new results.

 

I think the GUI version for Windows has a "pause" button, but as far as
I know, the command line version (e.g., let's say I'm running on
something linuxy) does not have a "pause" feature.

 

Also, afaik, if you just use ctrl+z to pause a scan, and fg to put it
back in the foreground, Nessus 3.0.6 does not have anything to account
for this, and results from any scanning prior to hitting ctrl+z are lost
(I haven't tested this myself yet, I apologize if this is incorrect).

 

Has anyone found a way to pause/resume scans in Nessus 3.0.6 while
maintaining the integrity of the scans? Or is this functionality already
built in, and I'm just (not so blissfully) unaware of its presence?

 

Thanks,

-Adam

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to