Apple Mac OSX is based on Freebsd, which means you can compile Nessus
from source and install it.

 

I do not know the exact number of concurrent users you can use, but I
would imagine it is either 256 or 65536. That's a guess, but it makes
sense. I currently have about 16 different users.

 

The type of server does not matter. 

 

Andrew Court 

IT Security Specialist | BT Retail - Ireland |
E:[EMAIL PROTECTED] |Mobile: +353 86 1720 692 | Fax: +353 1 432 5899|
www.btireland.com 

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rodriguez, Consuelo
Sent: 02 January 2008 21:58
To: [email protected]
Subject: nessus questions

 

Hello

 

I hope someone can help me with these questions...

Nessus can perform scans on macintosh computers??

How many concurrent users can a nessus server perform? What kind of
server?

 

Thanks very much

Consuelo 

 

Consuelo   Rodriguez
Engineering Manager Mexico

Enterasys Networks
Phone:     5255-5010-1680 
FAX:        5255-5010-1601 
Mobile:     5255-5409-6446 
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
www:    http://www.enterasys.com <http://www.enterasys.com/> 

"There is nothing more important than our Customers"

 

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to