My question was answered yesterday actually by George Theall. Nessus 
should not categorize information findings as low because when a 
certification document that asks for the evidence/outcome, you would 
have to justify that some of the lows on the report are actually 
informational. Now the nessus scanner I use on a Linux machine marks 
them as informational but not the Windows version. They need to be 
synced up. Yarick thank you for your response and I do know that this 
mailing list is not a replacement for customer support and I do not 
think that this was a customer support related question. A customer 
support related question would be about the scanner it self and/or the 
Security Center.

YARICK wrote:
> Cordel, yes, you are missing some information. Your question is not
> specific enough to be answered and will probably be ignored unless you
> provide more details such as exact version number of Nessus scanner
> and the operating system you are running it on. Last will help to
> identify if there is an issue with Nessus version you are running
> and/or if the report configuration has to be modified.  If you provide
> the target-system configuration people with similar problem will
> respond with suggestions on how to adjust your scanning configuration
> to report on the vulnerabilities seen. This mailing list is not a
> replacement for the customer support and customer support related
> questions have to be addressed to the customer support.  I hope this
> was helps you to adjust your problem solving strategies.
>
>
>
> On Jan 9, 2008 8:44 AM, Cordell Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   
>> I have a question about nessus results that I have. It says I have 6 low
>> severity vulnerabilities but no where on the report shows what these 6
>> low severity vulnerabilities are. Am I missing something?
>>
>> Cordell
>> _______________________________________________
>> Nessus mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
>>
>>     
>
>
>
>   
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to