Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
:
6342561 is also related to this; see
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/distro-pkg-dev/2010-April/008866.html
Yes, it seems to be the same issue although 6342561 it seems to have been submitted to a java_plugin category for some reason. We've always assumed that IPV6_V6ONLY is disabled, probably because the original RFC for the IPv6 socket extensions did require it to be disabled by default. I looked briefly at the patch in the above but it seems to be changing linux_close. That code is to support asynchronous close and isn't really the right place to try to fix this. Also, it doesn't look to be complete (missing ServerSocket, DatagramSocket, and NIO??).

-Alan.