Martin Buchholz wrote:
I just noticed that I get gai_strerror_ptr dynamically, but then called gai_strerror directly and incorrectly.
Here's a more robust way to get the error string:

    const char *error_string =
(gai_strerror_ptr == NULL) ? NULL : (*gai_strerror_ptr)(gai_error);
    if (error_string == NULL)
        error_string = "unknown error";

Webrev regenerated.

Martin
I looked through the new webrev and the changes look good to me. I kinda liked the use of the diamond operator in the first webrev, but what you have now is okay with me to. In time I assume that the dynamic lookup of getaddrinfo/getnameinfo/etc. can go away (not for this change of course).

-Alan.