On 01/13/11 09:29 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
Chris Hegarty wrote:
:
Ah yes, I just moved the socket close to after the version check. The
client will be blocked (in the socks protocol handhake) until the
socket on the server side is closed.

Updated test:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/6964547/webrev.02/webrev/test/java/net/Socks/SocksProxyVersion.java.html

This looks better but is (as you say) exploiting the fact that the
handshake didn't complete. It might be cleaner and more obvious to the
reader if the main thread waited for the "SOCKS server" thread to
terminate. Just a suggestion to save time in the event that the test
were to fail.

Yes, I should know better ( after trying to debug many of these spurious failures ).

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/6964547/webrev.02/webrev/test/java/net/Socks/SocksProxyVersion.java.html

-Chris.

-Alan