Chris Hegarty wrote:
Michael, Alan,

There is an issue in InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService, whereby if the nameservice provider throws an unchecked exception it leaves the host being looked up in the lookupTable. This will cause any further lookups of that host to block and wait forever.

Once a host is added to the lookupTable, through checkLookupTable(host), it should always be removed after the attempted lookup (whether successful or not).

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/7012768/webrev.00/webrev/

-Chris.
The changes to InetAddress look good to me. I see the existing tests for this spi are in test/sun/net/InetAddress and maybe the tests should go there (I realize it might mean moving some existing tests but the benefit is that the tests for this sun.net spi are in one place).

-Alan.